For hotlines the following are available:
- Postpartum Depression Alliance of Illinois offers a 24/7 hotline for women and their families to ask questions and provide referrals to therapists and psychiatrists, 1-866-364-MOMS
- Postpartum Support International offers a hotline for help in finding information and resources, call or text 800-944-4773
- Postpartum Support International also provides
- Online support groups, Newsletter, Free Phone “Chat with Experts”, Links to multi-language resources
The following postpartum and maternal health programs are available:
- Thriving with Baby offers professional and unbiased support to families. They provide therapy services within maternal mental health (postpartum, anxiety, depression, pregnancy loss, abortion issues, abuse/ survivors of abuse, adjusting to change/life transitions and trauma.
- Postpartum Depression Alliance of Illinois provides informed support and information to women and families experiencing postpartum mood disorder on treatment options, self-help, and how to choose a mental health provider.
For postpartum depression and maternal mental health programs in Chicagoland area the following are available:
Healthcare Alternative Systems- H.A.S. Postpartum Depression (PPD) Program is the only community-based PPD treatment program in Chicago. They provide clinical evaluations, individual and family therapy, support groups, psychiatric evaluations, medication monitoring, health education and case management to women at risk or experiencing postpartum depression.
- Service is offered in English and Spanish
- Private health insurance and Medicaid accepted
- Need to call for information regarding referrals, assessments, and hours of operation
- 1915-17 W. Roosevelt Road Broadview, IL 60155
- 5005 West Fullerton Avenue Chicago, IL 60639
- 4534 S. Western Avenue Chicago, IL 60609
Chicago Counseling Center Strives to create a safe, comfortable environment in which you can openly and honestly discuss your concerns. Counseling is offered to any age and in different formats (individuals, families, online/telehealth sessions). Services include transition into parenthood and postpartum anxiety and depression.
- An appointment can be made by email, email@example.com, or through phone, 773-932-9597.
- Beyond the Baby Blues offers therapeutic support groups for women who are experiencing sadness, anxiety, isolation or having a difficult time adjusting to life with a new baby.
- Location: 3009 Central Street Evanston, IL, 60201, United States
- Phone: 847-864-7957
- Perinatal Mental Health Discussion Tool can help track your symptoms and discuss them with your healthcare provider.