Opioid and Substance Misuse Resources
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a 24/7 and free informational service for individuals and family facing mental and substance abuse disorder, 800-662-HELP (4357)
National Addiction Resources
- AddictionResource.net connects individuals to reputable treatment centers across the country that best suit their individual needs as it leads to long-term addiction recovery.
For treatment centers and services in Chicagoland area:
Esperanza Health Center provides bilingual services in quality primary care, behavioral health and wellness to the community regardless of immigration and insurance status. There are many locations, visit https://www.esperanzachicago.org/locations to find the one nearest you
- Phone number to make an appointment: 773-584-6200
The Women’s Treatment Center offers rehabilitative services, tools and support in a community-based setting for mothers and pregnant women battling addiction.
- Location: 140 N Ashland Ave., Chicago, IL 60607
- Phone number: 312-850-0050
Healthcare Alternative Systems- Women’s Program non-profit organization providing behavioral health services to Chicago. Services are provided in English and Spanish and focus on substance abuse, mental health and other topics. There are many locations, visit https://www.hascares.org/locations/ to find the closest one near you.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is a Behavioral Health Treatment Service Locator to find treatment facilities in the United states for substance use, addiction and mental health problems.
- Illinois Department of Public Health offers a list of opioid use treatment centers and resources for pregnant women with Medicaid by county.
For help to quit smoking during pregnancy the following resources are available:
- SmokeFree.gov offers free texting programs that give encouragement, advice and tips to be smoke free.
- Services include a Personalized Quit Plan and Text Messaging programs
- SmokeFree Women offers tips, tools and encouragement for pregnant women who want to quit smoking. Services include support groups on Facebook, Smoke free Apps, Personalized Quit Plan, Texting Programs and an Online Live Chat.