Social Support Resources
Support groups for new and expectant moms in the Chicagoland area:
Transitions to Motherhood program at Northwestern Memorial’s Prentice Women’s Hospital offers classes, events and support groups for new mothers. Services include lactation specialists, information on birth and child safety.
- For more information call: 877-926-4664
Healthy Tomorrows is a support group open to the community that allows breastfeeding moms the opportunity to connect, learn about resources, and share experiences.
- Phone number: 773-299-7930
Baby Bistro Breastfeeding Support Group at UChicago Medicine is a weekly support group that provides expert guidance on personal breastfeeding challenges and successes for free. A board-certified lactation consultant is available at each meeting.
- Wednesdays, 10:30am-12pm
- Virtual sessions via zoom, register online to attend: https://uchicago.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMod-yrrD4sGN1rPBFfZMiAi1SxV6ws3a5o
Support groups for grieving mothers:
- Never Forgotten: Miscarriage and Infant Loss Support Group at UChicago Medicine provides encouragement and guidance for parents and loved ones who have experienced miscarriage, stillbirth or early infant loss. This support group is free of cost.
- Group meets on the last Saturday of the month, 10:30am-12 pm
- Virtual sessions via zoom, register online to attend: https://uchicagomedicine.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_G3VaGVp1Q923s8hoc7pcNA
For perinatal education and information visit the following resources:
- March of Dimes Supportive Pregnancy Care provides prenatal healthcare and education to pregnant individuals by fostering health literacy and health equity in pregnant individuals. Supportive Pregnancy Care offers:
- Prenatal Health & Health Education
- Social Support
- Positive experiences for both pregnant people and providers
- March of Dimes: News Moms Need is a blog to give moms the information they need to have a healthy pregnancy.