- Mental illness during pregnancy is nothing to be embarrassed about and it is very common. 1 out of 8 women experience postpartum depression in the U.S., and this number nearly doubles for Black and Latina women. It is important to seek help as soon as possible to ensure a healthy pregnancy and bond with your baby.
- Call your doctor if symptoms:
- Don’t fade after two weeks
- Are getting worse
- Difficulty caring for your baby
- Difficulty completing everyday tasks
- Thoughts of harming yourself or the baby